Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brand Spankin' New "KLIMT"



I have loved the cubist art of Klimt since I saw his work at the Guggenheim -- okay, I was never at the Guggenheim, but I did see nice reproductions at the Linen's'N Things going out of business sale. Not quite as 'high brow' but inspirational never the less!


Then I looked for fun color combinations in the new Kaffe Fassett spring 09 prints and found this warm, Sonoran Desert pallette that I pursued for this design.




I contemplated these fabrics and fabulous shot cottons and finally decided that I couldn't not use that weird stripe! It just sang to me.


And so, here is my hope for putting groceries on the table this fall. I hope my customers like this contemporary, different way to use large prints.


Enjoy, Lori Allison

No comments: