Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fabulous Fabrics: Oakdale






I recently found a fabric collection by Mark Lipinski (who, less than 2 years ago, I'd never heard of and now he's everywhere!) called "Oakdale" manufactured and distributed by Northcott. Well, I got some -- and it's spectacular! Ohmygosh, its coloration is so rich -- vibrant reds and interesting lime greens and yellows. The motif includes wheat, and sunbursts and tiny turkeys, along with surprising scrolls and some really original tonal fabrics. The scale is lovely for quilters and the designs and motifs are intricate, organized and detailed. I think every shop in the midwest should capitalize on the fabric's "bread basket" qualities and have a sample in their store.



For me, I recovered my popular pattern "Diamond Time" in the Oakdale collection and I think it's stunning. I hope my customers think so too.




Here's the backing fabric -- isn't it something?



Enjoy, Lori Allison

No comments: