Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ace of Cakes DejaVu








Last year I made Ace of Cakes from the beautiful pastel "Dandelion Girl" by Fig Tree for Moda. I photographed it on a lovely spring day in the yard with a white frosted cake for the pattern cover and I was pretty happy with my creation -- and my photography. Except that my foster doggie, Sam, sneaked out under my feet, ran to my creation and lifted his leg on the table skirt! I actually had to laugh and a paper towel cleaned it just fine. I was more than a little relieved when Sammy got a wonderful forever home later in the summer.


My point -- and I do have one -- is that I found this beautiful "Hemming House" collection from Moda and I just had to make up this pattern in this rich, scrolly "Hemming House" fabric. I loved it in my house at Christmastime and I love it, even when it's not Christmas. It's just so warm and comfy in its traditional design.









Enjoy, Lori Allison

No comments: