Wednesday, April 4, 2012

All-Kaffe Block of the Month!! Who Knew???


Who knew it could be done? With all those big prints? Really....a block of the month!
One of the fun surprises that I had in piecing the setting triangles was the fun VERY LARGE Embroidered Shawl print. I love how it shows up! I think I will use it for backing as well.
Ahhh, the center. Well, you can see in the mock up above that I have an idea. But what about an applique center????
Color gradation using the myriad of Kaffe-designer fabrics in the layout is another aspect that makes this design sparkle!
I like to design in EQ, but then start putting my blocks and setting pieces on the wall -- taking photos at each step and evaluating the use of color, print and value at each stage on the computer. That computer is on the 3rd floor and my sewing studio is on the bottom floor. I make a lot of trips up and down! Probably good for me!
Fussy cutting is one of the techniques that makes these blocks little works of art! After looking at the above photo, I went back downstairs and used my little seam ripper to change the inner circle of each block to a yellow print and an out circle of the taffy dot print. As in the block below.
The pattern will be available to quilt shops at spring quilt market. Quilters can enroll in the Block of the Month program at www.the-sampler.com. Does anyone have an idea for a quilt name?

No comments: