Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blueberry Cobbler

This little tablerunner pattern was inspired by two things:


1) my friend, Sharyn, found this Warren Kimble Country Orchard fabric while on a bicycle/quilt trip to Wisconsin, and







2) She is in charge of the guild challenge project and over a bottle of wine, we concocted the "Recipe Runner Challenge" for the fall '10 guild show. You interpret your recipe into a tablerunner using a recognizable amount of the Country Orchard fabric. Mine became a pattern!
I couldn't stop with Blueberry Cobbler, so I made the green pears -- so many interesting brown fabrics -- and then I made the orange marmalade version. One of my nearby shops has ALL these fruit and vegetable fabrics, so now I'm thinking of making it with tomatoe fabric , grape, squash or a blackberry print! I might even add some applique in the center! So many possibilities....




I think more quilters should bicycle -- myself included!




Quilt on.....Lori Allison

No comments: